Who says diabetics need to ban sweets from their lives?? They are advised to ban sugar and not sweets. Still don’t understand what I am talking about? Of course, we are talking about sugar free tablets. Many people use natural sugar substitutes like honey etc. but most of the time the taste and the quality of the food changes. Moreover, it cannot be used as a sugar substitute in making desserts.
Let me share a simple and easy to make Banoffee Yoghurt Pie recipe made with the best artificial sweetener in India. The most amazing thing is that it does not affect the taste and quality of any dessert it is made with.
- Fir the Crust
- 1 and 1/4 cups sugar free crisp cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce or apple juice
- 20 pellets of Kaloree 1
- 1/4 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- For the Filling
- 2 cups nonfat frozen sugar-free banana flavored yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free chocolate syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F
- In a medium bowl, combine crumbs, cocoa, sugarfree pellets, cinnamon, applesauce and butter.
- Press mixture evenly on bottom and side of a 9-inch pie pan. Bake approximately 10 minutes until firm. Set aside and cool.
- Spread softened yogurt evenly over pie crust to form filling. Place in freezer. Drizzle with chocolate syrup and freeze before serving.
Your sugarfree Banoffee Pie is ready to be served!
Image Courtesy: KeywordsKing